Assistant Merchandiser APPLY NOW
Do you have previous experience within a Head Office retail merchandising department?
Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills?
Are you analytical with excellent IT skills?
Are you organised and able to work on multiple projects at any one time?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to assist and support the Merchandiser, ensuring a smooth and timely delivery of the merchandise to our stores and customers. Ensuring that the correct processes and procedures are followed for the intake and distribution of merchandise for the purpose of maximising sales and profit.
Roles and responsibilities.
- Optimising store performance with effective replenishment and strategic allocations.
- Liaise with buyers, stores, suppliers and distributors.
- Manage critical path process to ensure deliveries are as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of appropriate data.
- Analyse key attributes to optimise sales.
- Create, run and analyse reports from data warehouse system.
- Ensure that best sellers are utilised to full potential.
- Monitor slow sellers and take action to reduce prices or set promotions, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with suppliers.
- Work closely with other areas of the business, namely Ecommerce, Marketing and Finance.
- Control stock levels in stores using forecasted sales.
- Experience within a retail merchandising, allocator or retail analyst arena
- A positive, “can-do” attitude
- Strong IT skills – especially Excel
- Mathematical ability - to work out budgets and interpret sales figures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills
- Experience using data warehouse systems to manipulate data.
- An excellent problem solver
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Exceptional communication skills and comfortable liaising with all levels within a business
- Knowledge of branch merchandising and supply chain, able to manage stock into the warehouse and out to stores.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm with the opportunity to progress and develop the role.
- Ability to take direction from Senior management.
Shuropody are a unique high street and online proposition with 44 stores offering a one-stop-shop solution for foot comfort through footwear, accessories and clinic services. As the UK’s largest private podiatry provider our business continues to grow and the potential for online growth in particular is significant. We are currently recruiting for an Ecommerce Assistant for our support office in the Coventry area.
Our spacious offices are based in Wolston, a pretty but rural area of Coventry, so own transport is essential. As well as a competitive salary, Shuropody can offer 20 days holiday (including bank holidays), staff discount and many other benefits.
If you enjoy getting hands-on and really making a difference to a growing business then apply today!