100% Secure Online Shopping
Free Delivery Over £75
35 Stores Nationwide
Privacy & Cookies Policy
We want to make sure you know who we are, how you can contact us, the personal data we process, how we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and the choices you have to exercise your legal rights.
Who We Are
BW (GARDENING) LIMITED is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 13533185) with a registered office at Unit 1 Maison Court Midland Way, Barlborough, Chesterfield, England, S43 4GD.
When we mention “Shuropody”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to BW (GARDENING) LIMITED.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office in the UK with reference number 06355404.
How to Contact Us
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can call us on 024 7693 7398.
The Personal Data We Collect and Use
If you have created an account with us, or ordered items from us or otherwise interact with our website, we will use your personal data in several different ways. The information below explains how we use your personal data, showing what personal data we collect and why.
Your Name and Contact Details (such as email address, telephone number and postal address).
- To deliver your purchase to you
- To send you service messages by email or text, such as order updates
- To send you information by email, post or social media about our products or services, e.g., if you sign up to our newsletter
- To register you with a Shuropody account
- So that you can book a clinic appointment
- To undertake website personalisation
- To develop products, services, and applications
- To send you an email when you have left items in your basket
- Fraud prevention and detection
- To maintain records of your purchases with us
- To invite you to provide feedback about our products and services in the form of online, email, or in-store surveys. We use this information to help us improve and monitor the quality of our products and services provided to you.
- To send you relevant information by email, post or social media about our new products or services
- Fraud prevention and detection
- To better understand your preferences and make decisions about what Shuropody adverts are shown to you as you browse the web
Date of birth information.
- Fraud prevention and detection
- To send you treats on your birthday each year
Payment information (don’t worry, we don’t store this information).
- To take payment and give refunds
- Fraud prevention and detection
Contact history with Shuropody e.g., over the phone, email or social media.
- To provide customer service and support
- To train our staff
Information you provide when entering a competition or prize draw and completing surveys (including contact details and your actual entry).
- To facilitate your participation in the competition or prize draw
- Device information: Information about your computer or mobile device used to view the website such as device type, operating system, hardware version, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address and advertising ID.
- Log information: Information about how you use our website, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the frequency and duration of your activities, access times, language, your IP address and pages you visit before or after navigating away from the website. Please note that your device and log information will not be associated with you as a named individual unless you are logged in to your account or you have given consent to receive email communications from Shuropody by subscribing to our emails.
- To improve our website and set default options for you
- Showing you Shuropody adverts as you browse the web
- To make sure the website load, display and function correctly on your device
- Fraud prevention and detection
- To provide us with analytical information about the use of the website
- To make our website more secure
- To make decisions about the pages, images and adverts to display to you on Shuropody’s website
- To better understand your preferences and make decisions about the content we send you in our marketing emails
- To make decisions about the adverts you see on websites that are not owned by Shuropody
- To collect data such as whether an email has been delivered to you and if you have opened it (when you sign up to our emails you consent to the use of email tracking technology through third parties to collect this data). This data is only visible at an anonymous level to our teams to enable them to review and take actions based on the effectiveness of an online campaign. You can opt out of receiving emails at any time.
- To associate different devices you use with each other so that the pages, images and offers you see across devices remain consistent
Social media comments and photos you post on social media pages where you have mentioned and tagged Shuropody.
- We may want to respond to you or react, particularly if you are happy, or unhappy with something
- It is important for us to know what you think about us and the products we provide to you
We ensure that the collection and use of your personal data is lawful. Therefore, for the purposes listed above, we only use your personal data if one of the following conditions apply:
- You have given us your consent
- We need your personal data for the performance of a contract you enter into with us, such as when you purchase a product through the website
- We need to comply with legal obligations
- We need to protect your vital interests
- Your data is necessary for the public interest, or
- We have a legitimate interest in processing the personal data
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We share your personal data with the following categories of companies as part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that help us get your order to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, warehouses operators and delivery companies;
- Marketing service providers, such as marketing agencies and advertising partners who help us market our business;
- Technology service providers, such as companies that support our IT, help us analyse the data we hold, send communications to our customers and help us develop and host our websites and apps;
- Professional advisors, such as companies that provide us with legal or financial advice;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help reduce fraud and other unlawful activities;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites;
- if any part of our business is outsourced, sold, or merged, where permitted by law, we will share your data with the new provider so that we may continue to sell products to you and they may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this policy. We will of course inform you of any such change and give you an opportunity to opt out of your data being shared with a new provider
We do not allow third-party suppliers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
If you choose to use the Klarna payment service, we will also pass certain aspects of your personal data to them. This will include contact and order details, so that Klarna can assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you. You can find general information on Klarna here. When your personal data is shared with Klarna it is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's Privacy statement.
How Long Your Personal Data Will Be Kept
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as it is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Control Over Your Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and UK data protection laws, you have several important rights available to you. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you;
- Request that we transfer elements of your data to another service provider;
- Request us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- Request the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured format or to ask us to transfer that information to another service provider;
- Stop any direct marketing;
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Restrict or suspend processing of your personal data under certain circumstances when you ask us to, for example if you want us to restrict processing while the accuracy of personal data is being established;
- Not to be subjected to automated decision-making that significantly affects you, however, we will only use automated decision making in limited circumstances; and
- Withdraw your consent, where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can remove it at any time
For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email, call or write to us at Privacy, Shuropody, Suite 20, The Hall, Rugby Road, Wolston, Coventry, CV8 3FZ or email: email@example.com or phone 02476 937 398
- Let us have enough information to identify you; or
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made many requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you are not happy with how Shuropody manages your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
How to Unsubscribe from Shuropody Marketing Emails
Click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of all of our marketing emails or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can complete this for you.
If you have an account with us, you can unsubscribe on the ‘Profile Details’ section where you can unsubscribe completely.
How to Close Your Shuropody Online Account
Simply email email@example.com and we can assist you.
We will need to ensure we are not disclosing data to someone else, so we will ask you for some information relating to your account to verify your identity.
We will remove your personal data from the account and de-activate the account.
Cookies Policy - What are Cookies?
Cookies are pieces of computer code that allow small amounts of information to be passed from your internet browser to our web server. They allow websites to recognise your PC, mobile, tablet or other device as you browse. For more detailed information about how cookies work, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please be reassured that data passed by cookies will never contain your name, address, telephone number or payment details. Shuropody will never disclose your personal details to any third parties.
Cookies serve many functions, including:
- They allow us to remember whether you are logged in to the site
- They allow us to remember what items you had in your shopping basket
- They help us to serve content tailored specifically for you whilst you are on our website
- Cookies are used with our marketing partners to present you with appropriate offers and advertising as you browse other sites on the internet, based on the products you looked at while on our site
- Cookies also allow us to work alongside our web analytics partner, Google Analytics, to see how you like to use our websites, which pages or special functions you prefer and help us to make them better. This helps us to continually improve our service.
What Cookies Do Shuropody Use?
There are two types of cookies that may be used during your visit to our Shuropody website:
- Session Cookies – these are deleted after each visit to our site. For example, when you are browsing the Shuropody site, it will remember you for the duration of your visit, but the cookie will be removed from your computer as soon as you close down your internet browser. It is session cookies that allow you to add an item to the basket and then move through the checkout. Disallowing these cookies via your web browser will mean you are unable to place an order on this site.
- Persistent Cookies - these remember you for a set period of time. On your first visit to the Shuropody website, you will be presented with a default view. Over time, the version of the site you see may change, as persistent cookies remember items you have previously viewed, preference changes you have made, or whether you logged into or out of your account while browsing.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Turning Off and Deleting Cookies
Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you're using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. Please note that like most other transactional websites, refusing cookies via your web browser will mean that you are unable to make a transactional purchase on the Shuropody website. You’ll also find that the functionality of many other websites and services will be affected. Cookies can be deleted using your web browser. However, unless they are disallowed, they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
Shuropody Marketing Cookies
Shuropody work with several partners who serve advertisements or present online offers on our behalf. Most of these third-party marketing partners use both session and persistent cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Please be reassured that all data collected by third-party cookies is anonymous and will never contain your name, address, telephone number, email address or payment details. Shuropody will never disclose your personal details to third parties without your permission. Details of our partners’ cookies can be found in the latest cookie audit below.
Necessary Cookies (required for site to function)
|These HTTP cookies are necessary for the secure checkout and payment function through Shopify.com.|
|These HTTP cookies store the user's consent state for the current domain. Depending on the cookie, these expire after your session, after 13 days or after 1 year.|
|These HTTP cookies are provided by Paypal. It is used in context with transactions on the website. The cookie is necessary for secure transactions. The first is a session cookie. The second expires after 1 year.|
|ci_session||This HTTP cookie preserves users states across page requests. Expires in 1 day.|
|cookietest||This HTTP cookie is used to determine if the visitor has accepted te cookie consent box. It is a session cookie.|
|cross-site-cookie||This HTTP cookie ensures visitors browsing security by preventing cross-site request forgery. This cookie is essential for the security of the website and visitor. It is a session cookie.|
|These HTTP cookies are used in conjunction with the payment window - these cookies are necessary for making secure transactions on the website. The first expires after 526 days and the second after 539 days.|
|17_az||This HTTP cookie is necessary for the Paypal log-in function on the website. It expires after 1 day.|
|secure_customer_sig||This HTTP cookie is used to store customer credentials securely when processing a purchase on the website - the cookie is essential in making a secure online transaction. It expires after 1 year.|
|shopifyPaypalAcceleration||This HTML cookie is necessary for the secure checkout and payment function on the website. This function is provided by Shopify.com. It is a persistent cookie.|
|test_cookie||This HTTP cookie is used to check if the user's browser supports cookies. It expires after 1 day.|
|ts_c||This HTTP cookie is used in context with the Paypal payment function on the website. The cookie is necessary for making a safe transaction through Paypal. It expires after 3 years.|
|_kla_id||This HTTP cookie is used to collect information on the visitor's behaviour. This information will be stored for internal use on the website - internal analytics is used to optimise the website or to register the visitor has subscribed to a newsletter. It expires after 2 years.|
|_gcl_au||This HTTP cookie is used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisment efficiency across websites using their services. It expires after 3 months.|
|_landing_page||This HTTP cookie stores visitors' navigation by registering landing pages - this allows the website to present relevant products and/or measure their advertisement efficiency on other websites. It is a session cookie.|
|_orig_referrer||This HTTP cookie is used to collect information on a visitor. This information will become an ID string with information on a specific visitor - ID information strings can be used to target groups with similar preferences, or can be used by third-party domains or ad exchanges. It is a session cookie.|
|These HTTP cookies collects data on user behaviour and interaction in order to optimise the website and make advertisements on the website more relevant. They are all session cookies.|
|IDE||This HTTP cookie is used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user. It expires after 1 year.|
|pagead/1p-user-list/#||This Pixel cookie tracks if the user has shown interest in specific products or events across multiple websites and detects how the user navigates between sites. This is used for measurement of advertisement efforts and facilitates payment of referral fees between websites. It is a session cookie.|
|v1/event.gif||This Pixel cookie presents the user with relevant content and advertisement hubs, which facilitate real-time bidding for advertisers. It is a session cookie.|
|_shopify_evids||This HTTP cookie is unclassified. It is a session cookie.|
|boostPFSsessionld||This HTML cookie is unclassified. It is a persistent cookie.|
|qikify_backend_session||This HTTP cookie is unclassified. It expires after 1 day.|
|This HTTP cookie is unclassified. It expires after 1 day.|
|starapps_#||This HTML cookie is unclassified. It is a session cookie.|
Any changes we make to this notice will be posted on this page.