100% Secure Online Shopping
Free Delivery Over £75
37 Stores Nationwide
Personal Data We May Collect About You
- Personal information about you (such as your name, email address, phone number) will be obtained, whenever you complete forms on the Website and in our Shuropody stores.
- As a provider of medical treatment, Shuropody will ask you to provide sensitive personal data before providing any treatments or services to you. This includes personal details like medical history, current medication, any other medical information required along with the general demographic and contact details. If you are not happy with this information to be retained, we unfortunately will be unable to provide you with any podiatry care.
- All details will be retained using an electronic record system that is password protected. This information will not be shared with any third parties. Your personal demographic information and contact number will be used to aid with confirmation calls, any appointment amendments and bookings.
- We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data
- To receive on his/her behalf and data protection notices
- Give consent to any transfer of his/her data
- Information from third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (your GP/ Allied Health Professionals/ any other relevant departments), which will be added to the information already held about you in order for us to help supply our services and products to you.
How Your Personal Data Will Be Used
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To help identify you, you’re patient records and any accounts you hold with us
- Administration, to write up medical notes
- Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Other healthcare practitioners who work at Shuropody Retail Ltd
- Your GP or other medical professionals
- Other companies or businesses that become partners with Shuropody Retail Ltd
- A third party who acquires substantially all of Shuropody Retail Ltd assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets
- Our agents and service providers
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law and Shuropody’s insurers
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Your Consent and Rights of Access
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There may be a fee charged to cover the cost of providing such information
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased. As a legal requirement Shuropody Retail Ltd maintain medical records for a minimum of eight years after the last treatment (Please note: Timescales vary due to circumstances for example the age at first treatment and mental health capacity)
Subject Access Request
As a patient you have the right to request a copy of any information Shuropody Retail Ltd hold about you. To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at email@example.com. Charges might apply depending on the requested information.
Written consent is to be required from all new patients before carrying out treatments, if the patient is unable to give consent due to lack of capacity then Shuropody Retail Ltd would require a third party with a legal right to make decision on behalf of them to provide consent.
How Long We Will Store Your Data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data will be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed anymore
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the website.
Our Contact Details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also write to us at Shuropody Retail Ltd Support Office, Suite 20, Rugby Road, Wolston, CV8 3FV or call us on 024 7693 7398 - we are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (except Bank Holidays).
Data Protection Supervisory Authority
The Data Protection Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office. Should you have any complaints about the way we handle your data, you may direct them to the ICO. More information on the ICO can be found on their website here: https://ico.org.uk