Conditions and Treatments
At Shuropody, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and treatment for our clients. Looking after your feet doesn't have to be daunting - our expert podiatrists specialise in treating foot ailments and providing ongoing palliative care and advice.
Conditions We Treat
Your Shuropody Podiatrist can advise on a treatment plan to suit your individual needs. See below for further information on some of the treatments we offer:
Podiatry and Chiropody are both terms that are used to describe foot treatments. All Shuropody podiatrists and chiropodists are HPC registered meaning they have achieved a certain level of expertise in the treatment management of foot conditions. The HPC are a regularity body who ensure standards of treatments and service for health care professionals.
What a Treatment Involves
- Your routine treatment will begin with a foot bath
- Your feet will be assessed, and advice will be given on any treatment required.
- Your toe nails – including any problem nails - will be cut and treated as required.
- All areas of hard skin / callus and corns will be reduced.
- If you have splits or cracks in your heels we will smooth these over and advise on how to look after them.
- Your Podiatrist (Chiropodist) will advise on any other issues regarding your foot health.
- The treatment finishes with the application of moisturizer to soften and sooth your feet. You will be given the correct advice on how to look after your feet and keep your feet in good condition.
- Due to specialist nature of podiatry & chiropody certain treatments such as cyrosurgery and nail surgery do fall within a standard podiatry appointment and carry an additional cost.
- Our sport injury appointments are carrier out by our HPC registered podiatrists. We do not provide physiotherapy services.
- Bio-mechanical appointments are 1 hour long vs a standard appointment of 30 minutes. We may suggest the use of an orthotic as part of your treatment and these are sold seperately.
We understand the importance of long term treatment and care for your feet which is why we have designed a range of 'treatment plans' to help to save you money on this area of your healthcare. Your Shuropody Podiatrist will advise on a treatment plan to suit your individual needs, or the shop floor foot care advisors can give you advice following a free foot assessment.
A 'treatment plan' is where you buy your appointments in a bulk of 3, 4 or 6 appointments. This is a great way to keep on top of your foot health through having your feet treated at regular intervals. More importantly buying your appointments in one go saves you money on the cost of your treatments, as the more you buy in one go, the bigger the cost saving to you the customer.